Pecan cinnamon rolls
Ingredients Tick boxes to send shopping list to email
For the filling:
For the cream cheese glaze:
For the rapid rolls:
Pecan cinnamon rolls
1) After the dough comes together, on a well-floured surface, using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out the dough to a 38 by 28 cm rectangle. In a mixing bowl add the pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
2) Spread the softened unsalted butter over the dough leaving a 1 cm border. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly over the dough. Starting with the long side, roll up the dough tightly ending with the seam-side down. Cut 10 slices each about 1 cm thick.
3) Place in 2 (22 by 33 cm) greased baking dishes and cover with a kitchen towel. Allow the rolls to rise in a warm environment for an additional 15 to 20 mins. Brush with melted butter before baking.
4) Bake at 200 degrees C until the tops are golden brown, about 25 to 30 mins. Remove from the oven and brush tops with melted butter and cool on cooling rack. Drizzle with prepared cream cheese glaze.To make cream cheese glaze:
1) In a mixing bowl, combine the icing sugar, cream cheese, butter, milk, and vanilla.To make rapid rolls:
1) Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
2) In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the instant yeast, and warm water. Let it activate for 5 mins until bubbly. Stir in the honey.
3) On low speed, add 115 g melted butter, 2 tsps salt, and eggs. Slowly add the flour 225 g at a time until fully incorporated and the dough pulls away from the sides of the mixing bowl. Add more flour if it is too sticky.
4) Portion the dough into 24 even servings. Form the rolls into desired shape and let rise approximately 20 mins, or until doubled in size. Place the rolls in a cast iron skillet or on a baking sheet. Brush the rolls with melted butter.
5) Bake for 25 mins until the tops are golden brown. Remove from the oven and brush with more melted butter, and sprinkle with a little salt.
Cook's Note: This recipe can be used as a traditional loaf bread, pizza dough, and for both savoury and sweet rolls.
What to watch next